Thursday 19 November 2009

I'm Seeing Spots! - Children in Need Mani



Friday night is Children in Need night which is an annual charity event.  The whole country gets involved including celebs, news readers, sports personalities and so on.  The event is covered on TV and is lots of fun.  There are plenty of products to buy and fundraising ideas so that everyone can get involved to help children who need it the most.  I got all my Brownies involved and tonight we raised money for this wonderful cause by having a "Danceathon".  We danced non-stop for an hour and a half.  I know that doesn't sound long but believe me it is! NON-STOP!!  My feet are killing me!  We have raised over £200.00 (approx $320.00) which I am really pleased about and my girls were brilliant!  They did it!  So because we were getting involved with Children in Need, I had to do a Children in Need manicure!  Now the mascot for Children in Need is Pudsey the Bear who has a spotty bandage over his eye.  So I put his bandage on my nails.


My base is China Glaze "White Out" followed by a variety of colours.  I had to franken the blue, yellow and green as I wanted to match them as closely as possible.

If you are intrigued what the whole of the UK will be up to you can check out the website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Plus you can see the spotty design that I'm talking about as well!  It's certainly a recognizable design here and I got a lot of lovely comments.

Right, I am now going to put my aching feet up now and have a nice cup of tea!

Hope you are all well x

4 comments:

Paige said...

It sounds like a great time; I love the mani!

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

That's a very cute mani.

ainos2 said...

The mani is fantastic- better yet is your involvement and contribution to the charity!

Jodes said...

Gildedangel- Thank you x I love getting involved in events like this. It's such a worthy cause.

Kirsten - It is cute (It did take two hours though!!)

ainos2 - We had fun raising the money. The girls really enjoyed themselves. I also think it's important to make them aware of the importance of helping others. The mani was fun to do!

Thank you all so much for leaving comments. I really enjoy reading what you say.
xxxxxx