Monday 23 November 2009

Our Fabulous Set!



I can't believe that a small amateur dramatic group like us can actually build a fabulous set like this.  I am so amazed.  We have a wonderful team and they have worked so hard on this.  I know it doesn't look much - it's not been dressed yet and there are ladders everywhere!  The whole set is on a revolve as well so it spins around.  Our first night is Wednesday night.  I'm not sure if we would have a complete run through by then because the set isn't ready yet.  Only because we don't have nearly enough people to help and it has been a huge project.  Having said that everyone has worked well together. Tensions are running high as well.  I told the stage manager at the end of the rehearsal that my vase that I carry and threaten to smash over someone's head (in the play) was the wrong one.  It was far to big and heavy for me to carry.  Well I thought I was going to have to sew my head back on after she bit it right off!!  I mean really, we are all in this together and we all want to put on the best show so there is absolutely no reason to snap at someone!  We are all feeling the pressure!  Anyway I am having a nice manicure tomorrow so will post some pix of that.  My hands are suffering as I have to climb up and down a ladder ... in heels!!!  I will post some pix of the complete set and us rehearsing as well.  OK I need my beddy byes!!  Night all x
PS Despite everything I really enjoy reading your blogs, it really takes my mind of the stresses!  Thank you everyone xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a nice bubble bath and relax!

Jodes said...

Sounds like a good idea ... can I have wine in my bath too?!?
x