Wednesday 11 November 2009

Latest Haul!


I have been waiting ages for my haul to arrive.  We have been having postal strikes here in Ol' Blighty so everything is delayed at the mo.  I have quite a few new additions but I will start with these three.  The first two are from Paul and Joe.  Now I have to be completely honest and say that the selection of colours are not that inspiring.  They're good if you need to have a "subtle" day, you know, if you need to go to work or an interview .... that sort of thing. However I did buy them purely for the cute bottle!  I love this vintage chic style!  So I purchased a gold one (no 27) and a corally-pink one (no. 15).  Both these are very sheer and both needed 4 coats would you believe!  And even then there was slight VNL!
(Inside no flash)

(Inside with flash
The gold one has silver glitter in it.  Not quite Chanel Gold fiction but it's still quite pretty.

(inside no flash)

(Inside with flash)

I liked the coral one more than I thought I would.  This would make a good base for a Konad!  The formula is easy to work with and application is smooth but sheer.  What I also liked about these polishes are the smell.  Now I don't know if these are officially scented but when these dried they smelled like Cerruti 1881.  Gorgeous!
The next addition is Ciate Paint Pot - Shaken Not Stirred.  This is an iridescent purply pink colour which needed three coats.


Again I think this would make a good base for a Konad.  I'm still on the fence on this one! Do I like the colour or do I not like the colour?!?
(Inside with flash)

(Inside no flash)
Maybe I should add some glitter?!  The bottle's pretty cute though!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I love that coral; great picks!

polishedlyrics said...

The coral is my favorite out of the 3, they are all nice but coral is the best.

Jodes said...

Do you know the funny thing is, is that I really thought that the Coral would be my least fave but I love it more than the other 2!
x